3 OWASS students arrested for robbery granted bail

Spread the love

On Tuesday, August 16, 2022, the Kumasi Metropolitan Circuit Court released three Opoku Ware School (OWASS) students on bail with five sureties each after they were accused of trying to steal a car.

Last Friday, August 12, 2022, when they hired the driver from the Santasi Rattray Park Danyame ridge area, they allegedly tried to steal a taxi from him.

The suspects are to reappear in court on September 1, 2022. The three students have been charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, robbery, and unlawful damage.

The Presiding judge, Abdul Razak Musah granted them GH¢80,000 bail with five sureties each. Three suspects have been identified: two of them are 17 years old, while the third is a 19-year-old named Kwadwo Osei Asubonteng.

The three suspects, who are all senior students, are alleged to have taken a taxi home from the Santasi roundabout at approximately 11 p.m. on Friday, according to the prosecution.

They pulled out knives and told the driver to turn over control of the vehicle when they arrived in the Golden Tulip (Rattray Park) neighborhood halfway through the voyage.

The automobile veered off the road and smashed into a tree close to the Vienna City Night Club while the driver wrestled with them. Many patrons of the tavern were drawn outside by the crash’s tremendous noise, ostensibly to help the individuals inside the car.

However, as they drew near, the driver yelled, “Armed robbers, armed robbers,” forcing one of the students to flee while the other two were taken into custody.

The person who is believed to have fled the scene is the older one, Kwadwo Osei Asubonteng. The two people who had been detained were brought to Kumasi Central Police Station to be questioned. As a result, Asubonteng, the third suspect, was apprehended.

Police notified the school administration, and it was verified that the accused were in fact Opoku Ware School students.

The three suspects have been removed from the boarding home, according to records, the school announced in a statement on Tuesday, August 16, 2022.

An urgent meeting between the school administration and the old school association is anticipated to discuss the situation that has damaged the reputation of one of the most prestigious senior high schools in the nation.

Source: Ghanatodayonline.com

About admin

Check Also

Former Finance minister says the IMF will probably cancel Ghana’s debt

Spread the love According to predictions made by Mr. Seth Terkper, a former finance minister, …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.