At Buokrom in the Ashanti Region’s Kumasi Metropolis, a man in his mid-30s is thought to have been electrocuted after scaling a high tension pole in search of crow eggs.
The victim, known only as Sena, apparently passed away after making contact with an active wire on the high tension
During an interview with OTEC News reporters Kwame Agyenim and Dominic Owusu Answer Walasty, a few locals revealed that the incident happened on Wednesday, December 6, 2023, at approximately one in the evening.
Mr. Fuseini Farrisu, the area’s Unit Committee Chairman, disclosed that no one was nearby to prevent the deceased from scaling the high tension. He further stated that some men in the area didn’t arrive at the scene until the deceased had reached the top of the pole.
He continued by saying that the people beneath the pole had succeeded in getting the dead person to give up on finding eggs and come down, but that he had unintentionally touched one of the wires in the process.
He continued by saying that Sena died instantly from burns caused by the electric power before he could receive assistance from others nearby.
The body has since been deposited at the Okomfo Anokye Teaching Hospital for further investigations.
Source: Ghanatodayonline.com/Jacob Agyenim Boateng