Kejetia Market fire was caused by trader cooking in her shop – Bawumia

Spread the love

According to Vice President Dr. Mahamadu Bawumia, human error was to blame for the fire at the Kumasi Kejetia Market.

He claimed that the fire started when one of the merchants tried to use a gas stove to prepare food in one of the stores.

He revealed this on Monday, March 20, 2021 when he went to the location to learn more about the blaze.

Vice President Dr. Bawumia led a team that included the Energy Minister Dr. Mathew Opoku Prempeh, Fred Oware, Minority Leader Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu, Director General of NADMO Nana Agyemang Prempeh, and others to express sympathy for the traders.

In order to help the traders restart their businesses, he also promised them government backing.

But according to Mr. Bawumia, trading will resume on Tuesday, March 21, 2023, after the market had been first closed to the public for a week following the fire event.

All parties involved were urged to maintain their composure and wait for official support.

GH100,000 was also given to the victims by a delegation from the government’s National Patriotic Party (NPP), which was headed by General Secretary Justin Frimpong Koduah.

On on behalf of the Kejetia traders, Nana Kwasi Prempeh thanked the vice president for intervening to prevent the market from closing.

Source: Ghanatodayonline.com

About admin

Check Also

NIA workers suspend strike

Spread the love An indefinite strike that started on June 10, 2024, has been suspended, …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *