The minority has demanded that the existing 86 ministers be immediately reduced to 65.
Speaking at a news conference about the matter on behalf of the minority side, Minority Leader Dr. Cassiel Ato Forson suggested merging several ministries rather than creating new positions for them.
For instance, the ministries of information and communication ought to be combined.
Ministries of Transportation, Railways, Chieftaincy, Tourism, Sanitation, and Local Government
They also urged the government to reverse several political appointments that they dubbed “jobs for the boys” since they included the same duties or did not involve any duties at all.
As a result, they are asking for “immediate scrapping of all amorphous creations and waste-pipe, job-for-the-boys’ appointments since the assumption of office by President Akufo Addo in 2017.
“The work of those undefined, amorphous creations must revert to established entities in the civil and public services that perform similar, if not the same functions,” the head of the minority said.
The presidential portfolios that the minority is challenging are listed below:
1.Youth Ambassador for Diaspora Affairs
2. Policy Associate
3. Chief Executive of Public Sector Reforms
4. Overseer of the National Cathedral
5. Church Relations Manager
6. Diaspora Church Mobilization Officer
7. Policy & Coordinator Analyst
8. Focal Person, La Francophonie
9. Technical Director, La Francophonie
10. Coordinator, Special Development Initiatives
11. Director of Special Projects
12. Manager of Operations & Programs
13. 5 Technical Communications Assistants
14. Technical Advisor, Zongo Development Authority
15. 2 Technical Advisors, Special Development
16. Technical Advisor, Political Affairs
17. Presidential Staffer, NABCO
18. Office Management Executive Associate
19. Technical Director to the Presidential Advisor on
20. Data Manager