Ghana Football Association (GFA) says players who do not have Ghana Card will not be registered for the 2022/2023 premier league season.
According to the GFA the GHANA CARD shall be the only proof of identity for registration both renewals, transfers and new registration.
As a part of plans for the approaching season, GFA has introduced that the registration and signing duration for teams might start on Friday, July 1, 2022. Starting subsequent month, Premier League, Division One League, and Women’s Premier League clubs can be capable of register their players and make transfer offers with the window closing withinside the middle of August.
The Ghana Card is one of the necessities for teams to be allowed to sign in their players for the approaching season. The government in Ghana are actively operating to digitally combine all structures and cards, and the Ghana Card is important to those efforts.
Read the full statement below:
The GFA’s 8 rules for the Registration and Transfer Window are as follows:
- All queries for 2021/2022 season on the club’s dashboard when vetted after July 1, 2022 will revert to 2021/2022 season and therefore clubs will have to renew the registration of the players again for the 2022/2023 season.
- Payment of registration licenses must be made before applications are submitted for vetting otherwise such applications shall not be vetted and shall be rejected in the system.
- Wrong, fake, unreadable documents in their application, SHALL be rejected in the system.
- The GHANA CARD shall be the only proof of identity for registration both renewals, transfers and new registration.
- All transfers both domestic and international must be done in the TMS before registration can be completed in the registration system.
- Clubs are to ensure that they check the player’s name in the system, before registering a player as a new player and taking full responsibility and consequences for the new registration.
- Club that refuses to release an amateur player to the new club, the GFA shall release the amateur player to the new club to ensure smooth registration of such a player.
- Club that refuses to counter instruct a transfer request in the DTMS when there is a transfer agreement, the player involved will be declared free and all the benefits in the transfer agreement will be nullified.
Source: Ghanatodayonline.com/Dominic Owusu-Ansah